Sunday, March 08, 2009

An Excercise in Zen

Ken has graciously offered some reflections on his art to our discussion:

"My artmaking is an act of personal discovery. It is a process, or action philosophy, grounded in the possibilities of the moment…

I consider the process of putting brush and ink to paper to be an exercise in Zen – a Koan of sorts – a furious, intuitive event designed to confront and confound my logical discursive mind. This method strips me of my penchant for planning, predicting, or prejudging some future outcome. It cancels out my preconceived notions of good and bad, self and other – and permits an awaking to that which both encompasses and transcends “normal” concerns…

Immersing myself in this “mindless” act of creativity, it is interesting to note how very often Christ’s image calls out to me…"

-- Ken Krafchek

No comments:

Post a Comment